- When they operate a website containing activity or content which is broadly illegal or unethical, including, but not limited to, the following:
- unlawful distribution or redistribution of intellectual property or copyright content; or
- propagating hateful content directed at specific groups or individuals; or
- content and materials endangering the privacy, safety or security of others.
For example, forums will be denied official support if they:
- contain copyrighted content with any copyright protections removed or subverted in some way, including providing cracked license keys for commercial software; or
- allow or condone racist/sexist attacks against other individuals or groups; or
- provide “leaks” or are dedicated to “doxxing” individuals.
Any users who operate a board that breaches the revised Support Eligibility Policy will retain the public “denied support” marker, allowing other users to make an informed decision of their own whether they provide support to that user.
In addition to these changes, MyBB staff members will not be chastised or penalised in any way for supporting users who have been denied official support. Although providing support to these users is down to the personal choice of individual staff members, they are not obligated to support anyone.
Users who are currently denied support
If you are currently marked as “denied support” from the previous policy and believe that your forum doesn’t breach the revised Support Eligibility Policy then please get in touch with us by creating a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum. Include links to any forum(s) that you currently own. The team will review the site(s), verifying your ownership and either revoke your denial or explain the reason for retaining the denial.
These changes have been designed to make the policy and position of the MyBB Group clearer. We hope that they have fully addressed issues members had raised about the previous Support Eligibility Policy. The new policy is now live and can be read in full on the MyBB website.
Thanks for Sharing policy changes.