We don’t come across many events that are tailored exclusively to the forum industry, however we are pleased to announce our involvement with ForumCon. ForumCon is an annual event was launched just a few years ago with the goal of bringing together the industry’s leading forum owners and experts to discuss growth, management, and monetization strategies for forums.
This years I’m pleased to announce that MyBB will be among a select group of media partners who will have a presence at the show. We are hoping to have at least two team members attending, and we may have a couple of tickets to give away to lucky members of the community.
ForumCon SF will take place on June 12th at the Hotel Kabuki in the heart of downtown San Francisco. The event will kick off at 9am and conclude with a cocktail hour for networking / conversation at a restaurant / lounge nearby.
More information on location as well as how to get tickets can be found here.
- Kris Jones, author of SEO: Your visual blueprint for effective internet marketing will show you how to better leverage Google Search, Mobile, News, +, to generate more traffic to your forum.
- Tyler Tanaka of PostRelease will share best practices for content curation & creation that will wow your community members and keep them coming back.
- Steve Dodd of Boardreader will lead a panel of social media experts, and forum owners that have successfully leveraged social media, to discuss ways forum owners can successfully leverage Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites to drive traffic to their sites (rather than away from).
- A panel of monetization experts (representing all types of forum monetization options — images, banner ads, content, link insertion, data, video) will answer all your questions on how to EARN MORE from your forum.
- And much more, to be shared within this thread as the information become available.
Jack Bafia, ForumCon co-founder and Chief Monetization Officer of VigLink, shares why he started ForumCon in the short video below.
I really hope MyBB.com staff group will introduce MyBB 2.0 in the ForumCon 2012. I want to get 2.0 as soon as possible to build an italian support site forums!
@darkpowa95 – MyBB 2.0 is a long way from being released. I can assure you it’s not going to be released any time this year.
Will the new version be released at ForumCon? I really hope to see the founder and staff of mybb.com there.
@JadeMehboi – MyBB 1.8 will not be released at ForumCon. It’ll be a few months at least before it will be released as stable. One of our public relations liaisons, Imad Jomaa, will be attending ForumCon on the day. I’m afraid Chris won’t be able to make it though – sorry!